Sport and Physical Education at Newhall Park Primary School
Last academic year was another very successful one for sport and physical education at Newhall Park. We continued our membership of the local Accelerate sports league and of the twenty three local schools involved we finished in second place. The league reflected how successful we were at these events and also how many competitions we entered. Out of a possible forty seven events Newhall Park participated in forty five competitions.
We are thrilled to be the first school in the local area of South Bradford to be accredited the Sainsbury's Active Kite Mark Gold Award. For the previous three years we have gained the silver award. This award shows that within 2016 - 2017 we:
- Provided all students with two hours of timetabled Physical Education per week;
- Engaged at least 50% of our pupils in extra curricular sporting activity each week;
- Promoted the School Games to parents and the local community once a fortnight;
- Provided all pupils with the opportunity to take on leadership roles during curriculum PE lessons;
- Engaged at least 15% of our students in leading, managing and officiating in a School Games activity;
- Have a School Sport Organising Committee or Crew in place that influence provision;
- Utilise sports coaches to support school sport;
- Train wider school staff to support school sport;
- Have active links with at least five local community sports and leisure providers e.g. clubs, leisure centres, youth groups etc.