The primary aim of the History curriculum at Newhall Park is to inspire a love of learning and critical thinking. We want to inspire a love of History so our children can continue to develop their understanding whatever their future ambitions.
Our History curriculum has been specifically designed to help our children to discover and engage with History. Through practical and engaging lessons, along with visits to places of historical significance, we want children to become inquisitive about all aspects of History. In addition, we are determined to ensure our children fully appreciate the relevance of History in our society.
History at Newhall Park provides the opportunity to:
- Visit local areas of historical significance and embraces the diversity and unique cultural heritage of Bradford through strong SMSC links underpinned with British values to prepare children for life in modern Britain.
- Develops the vocabulary of History that underpins debates around the historical concepts and themes they will encounter in their education and future working lives.
- Become confident historians by thinking, reflecting, debating, discussing and evaluating the past through formulating questions and lines of enquiry.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of people, events and contexts from a range of historical periods alongside historical concepts and processes.
- Participate in themed days where children dress up and experience life during a particular historical period.